Get ready for an amazing Summer! Sun City just reopened their doors to a whopping R 800 million revamp just in time for the Festive Season.
They refurbishment includes the revitalisation of four hotels, the Entertainment Centre, and food and beverage outlets at the resort. Sun City added amazing new features that include the following:
- Already offering an unprecedented choice of outdoor and entertainment activities in one place, Sun City has bolstered its adventure offering with the recent launch of Adrenalin Extreme, which offers heart-pounding, adrenalin-pumping outdoor activities including Drift Trikes, and Hovercrafts.
- The Sun City renovations extended to the Valley of Waves too, with the introduction of two brand new slides.
- The Royal Baths Adult pool at the Valley caters for guests above 21 years old. An access charge is payable upon entry.
- The Sun City Hotel will soon provide an ”always on” party zone, complete with a nightclub, a burlesque club, and restaurants.
- The Palace now offers visitors two new and very exclusive – by invitation only – high-end casinos: the Palace Villa and the Palace Salon.
- The Entertainment Centre, which houses the Superbowl, will be re-imagined and rebuilt at a cost of R300-million. Here you’ll discover arcade games, lazer tag, ten pin bowling and other fun-filled activities for all ages. The Entertainment Centre will also house a South African Hall of Fame honouring the country’s iconic sporting heroes and performing artists, and an optimised convention centre on the upper level.
and that is just the Entertainment Center. Then we have the great new additions for all the Foodies out there:
- Bocado, at the five-star Cascades hotel, offers guests one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy vibrant Mediterranean dishes.
- The newly opened 24 hour Mugg & Bean at the Sun City Hotel offers visitors a place to meet, eat and connect at any time of the day or night, right at the centre of it all.
- Guests are also spoiled for choice with the new-look signature steakhouse, The Grill Room.
- Changes at the Valley of Waves include the recent opening of a microbrewery-themed gastro pub, The Brew Monkey, which offers spectacular views over the tidal pool, with a choice of sitting indoors or outdoors on the deck. The menu features a selection of hunger-busting bar tins, monkey dogs, gourmet burgers, snack boards and craft beers.
- The Valley of Waves also boasts a new, expansive and fresh fast food eatery, Food Factory, with a range of affordable choices to suit every taste.
Now we know that over the festive season it can be very difficult to get accommodation at Sun City and Pilanesberg. But have no fear, Boubou Bed and Breakfast is situated just 45 minutes drive from both. That means you can have the privacy of our bushveld establishment and take the family out for a great day of fun under the African sun.